This course offers a basic introduction to programming with focus on graphics, sound and interaction. The programming framework is p5. Students gain fundamental programming skills and reflect on the usage of software in a creative context.
With this course, you will gain
- an understanding of programming,
- skills to develop simple programs from scratch,
- Knowledge about resources
- Guidance towards and learning through self-studies,
- skills to apply programming as (an expressive) tool.
Class topics can be divided into what you learn about programming itself and its syntax and what you do with your newly developed programming skill, meaning its application.
In regard to programming itself, we will cover:
- Commands, variables
We apply these programming skills to implement:
- Drawing, colors
- Movement / Animation
- Image, video
Please note that topics are subject to change during the course!
|Programming Example||Divide and conquer|
|4||1||Images I||Loading & Displaying|
|2||Arrays||Loop over all elements|
|Images II||Image Data|
|Sound||Loading & Playing|
- Mornings 9:30-13:00
- 3x 1h lectures, with breaks between
- Slots ca. 9:30-10:30, 10:40-11:40, 11:50-12:50
- Afternoon 14:00-17:00
- 14:00-14:15 Exercises introduction
- 14:15-16:15 Exercises on your own or in a team
- 16:15-16:45 Exercise solutions
- 16:45-17:00 Wrap-Up
24.09 and 8.10.2021 (these dates are still up to discussion).
- Topic: Summer School: Creative Coding for Beginners
- Zoom meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85435762876
- Meeting ID: 854 3576 2876
- Passcode: 305222
All materials are published on the course website.
- Each morning the material for that day is uploaded.
All coding is done in a class environment on the website OpenProcessing.
Please complete the following evaluation: https://cloud.evasys.de/evasys_06/online.php?p=V5X6J (In case you receive the link multiple times, you only have to complete the survey once 😊).